Arkansas Emergency Management Association
The Arkansas Emergency Management Association is dedicated to minimizing the impacts of disasters on communities and reducing the risk of loss of life and property through educational programs, training, and preparedness activities in the State of Arkansas.
- Establish and maintain professional standards for managing and preparing for disasters and emergencies at local level.
- Influence and guide public policy and legislation affecting the emergency response community
- Provide advanced training and educational opportunities for all citizens to enhance emergency preparedness in the public and private sectors.
- Promote emergency management principals throughout the State.
- Be the voice of the local Emergency Management Coordinators at the State and National Levels.
- Increase public awareness on issues concerning preparedness, response, mitigation, and recovery.
- Innovation, Coordination, and Service
- Trust in and respect for others
- Adherence to public laws and standards
- Individual and team professionalism
- Commitment and Dedication
The Arkansas Emergency Management Association promotes the efforts of Arkansas communities to plan for natural and man-made disasters and emergencies through improved preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery capabilities. AEMA is the professional association for Arkansas’ Emergency Management Professionals:
- A network for training, education, and preparedness information and professional development.
- A forum for sharing knowledge, ideas, processes, lessons learned, and building partnerships.