STATE INDIVIDUAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The State Individual Assistance Program is authorized under Arkansas Code Annotated 12-75-101 et.al.
The Arkansas Department of Emergency Management administers the State Individual Assistance Program. Through the development of a disaster declaration and damage assessments you may be eligible to receive disaster assistance from the State of Arkansas.
The assistance is for qualified homeowners/renters whose primary residence was damaged or destroyed in a declared designated area. If the damage exceeds the capabilities of local government, a state declaration will be requested through the Governor’s Office. The State of Arkansas disaster assistance covers basic needs and will not compensate you for your entire loss.
Applications for disaster assistance are made by contacting the call center, visiting a Disaster Recovery Center (if available) or completing an on-line application. The application period is normally 10 days. To be considered for assistance you must meet the following criteria:
- Damage must be due to the declared event in an designated county
- Damage must be done to your primary residence (secondary, vacation and/or rental homes are not eligible)
- Applicant must allow the residence to be inspected
- Applicant must show proof of ownership (mortgage statement, deed and/or title)
- Applicant must show proof of residency (utility bill)
- Only one applicant per household/residence
- Provide documentation for your insurance claim and/or settlements due to the declared disaster. The State of Arkansas will not duplicate any benefits of loss.
- If assistance from the Small Business Administration (SBA) is available, applicants must apply for an SBA loan and be denied
- BUSINESSES ARE NON-ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS
Disaster grant is authorized items for such as; home repairs, personal property repair or replacement, cleaning, sanitizing and debris removal, and temporary lodging expenses. Disaster grant documentation/receipts must be retained for a period of three years from the date the warrant was accepted.
Other types of assistance programs or partners during declared events
FEDERAL INDIVIDUAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
In the event that both local and state governments are overwhelmed the Governor of Arkansas will submit a Presidential request for assistance. If approved, federal assistance will be available for qualified individuals, families, and businesses whose damaged property is in a designated area. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) along with the State of Arkansas will jointly administer the Individuals and Households Program and make available other needed assistance.
Types of Federal Assistance